Choosing water instead of sugary beverages or soda is a great first step to an overall healthy diet. Everyone should try to drink 8 – 12 cups (8 ounces equals 1 cup) of water every day. Just take it one day, one drink at a time.
Here are some ways you can make the switch:
- Make the choice easy. Keep water in your refrigerator at all times.
- Drink water in front of family and friends – it sets a great example!
- Flavor your water with fruits or vegetables for tasty drinks with no added sugar. To get started, try this Cucumber Mint Breeze recipe.
- Set up spa-style water for your next meeting.
- Chill water with lemon ice cubes.
- Find a reusable bottle that’s easy to clean and carry.
- Drink water with every meal and snack.
- Drink water first thing in the morning, when you are naturally thirsty.